Practicing everyday preventative actions are essential in helping to keep everyone healthy.
Remind everyone in your household of the importance of practicing everyday preventive actions that can help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent and water.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent and water prior to disinfection. For disinfection, a list of products with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved emerging viral pathogens claims, maintained by the American Chemistry Council Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC), is available at Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fighting Productspdf iconexternal icon. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
The excerpt above is from CDC
What we are doing to help prevent illness
At all of our Academy’s across the nation, we are practicing everyday preventative actions. We are constantly hand washing and sanitizing all areas, including high traffic touchpoints. We are following the guidelines given by the CDC, Centers For Disease Control and Prevention. We have implemented additional procedures at our centers to detect symptoms of the virus and limit or eliminate its transmission. Temperatures will be taken of those attending our centers. We have stopped family-style serving during mealtime. Vendors that provide supplemental activities are no longer allowed into our centers. Our staff is committed to keeping and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Center Director at Prestige Preschool Academy.